We are happy to announce the next steps for the election of Operations Department Coordinator Replacement Elections. Included are recommendation comments provided by the nominator(s) of each. Nominess are listed in no particular order.
Note: This is election follows the new methodology that provides different timelines based on number and type of candidates.
Operations Department Coordinator (Replacement)
Recommendations for Wilco|closed
"Joomla has benefitted massively from Wilco's knowledge and experience already in the Operations Deparmtent, but especially from the structure, procedures and policies that he has put into place within the Webmasters Team. I've worked with him on a number of projects for various teams - his quick thinking, no-nonsense approach, and attention to detail make it so easy to work with him. He has also attracted many new sponsors to Joomla, and is always looking for ways to improve things. He is already great asset to OSM and Joomla, I look forward to seeing what he will bring to the Board and Operations Department." - Jaz Parkyn
"During the past months I had the opportunity to work closely with Wilco on several aspects of the Joomla ongoing operations. He has been able to massively reorganize administrative processes and tools, simplify workflows, bring onboard new partnerships and reduce operational costs of the organization. I bet he'll do much more having the opportunity to serve the Board of Directors as the DC for the Operations Department. - Luca Marzo
Election’s timeline and methodologies
Operations DC Replacement Election
This election falls under the “New Department Coordinator / Officer Uncontested Empty Board Seat - Replacement Elections” scenario in which there is only one candidate that would be new in the role and the incumbent Board Member transitioned to another role or resigned.
- October 17, 2020 - Recommendations published & Ballots sent out*
- October 25, 2020 - Ballots close.
- October 26, 2020 - Results announced & Start of the term as replacement
Election channels will be opened in Glip for each role. These channels will allow department/community members to ask candidates questions regarding their manifestos in order to help them decide who to vote for.
The following Public Channels will be opened (Candidates will be added by the Secretary):
- OSM Bylaws: https://www.opensourcematters.org/images/documents/25-Jul-19-OSM-ByLaws.pdf
- Election Policy and Timelines (Replacement Elections): https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/election-policy.html#replacement-elections
- Change to the Nomination and Election Process: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/nomination-and-election-process.html
- Change to the Bylaws/Election System: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/changes-to-the-bylaws-of-osm-election-system.html