Do you have a creative streak and wish to make a positive global impact? Are you looking to work on a global brand that has a massive worldwide presence? Our Marketing Team is looking for a creative and experienced Lead Designer. The Joomla! Marketing Team works closely with all departments in Joomla. The lead designer will have a major influence on marketing materials and websites.
- Build a strong team of talented designers that is capable of creating the finest possible visuals
- Provide direction and support to the design sub team which is under
- Ensure that the design team works in the most efficient manner
- Take part in our regular meetings
- Identify marketing initiatives and opportunities from a design perspective
- Play a crucial role in elevating our reputation & brand from a design perspective
- Know the Joomla brand manual and take the overall responsibility to take care of a consistent usage of the Brandmark and the Key visuals & advise other teams on the same.
- You have a creative mind and experience in both digital and print media
- Proficient in designing for the web, mobile and other connected devices as well as have some experience in Print design
- A strong portfolio of personal design work, demonstrating your unique style and creativity
- Strong, motivational leadership skills & a ‘Get things done’ approach
- An interest in Open Source philosophy and not-for-profit initiatives and organizations
- Excellent knowledge of English (and any other extra language! We are an international project!).
- Aware of other cultures
- Good listener
- Able to work remotely with a diverse group of volunteers from all around the world.
What we offer:
- Leading and volunteering for the award-winning CMS
- Be on a team that is passionate about design and marketing
- Have a meaningful impact on Joomla's future
- Build the experience that powers more than 3.4% of the web
- Your work will be showcased to a worldwide audience
- An amazing team that will support you and trust your choices and skills.
In order to apply, you need to follow the following steps
- Fill out Standard Marketing Volunteer form if you have not done so already so that we know you better
Application Deadline : 30th June 2017