As planned back in April 2012, the JED will begin the transition of dropping support for Joomla 1.5 only extensions.
The 1.5 timeline
- April 1, 2012: we no longer accepted 1.5 only submissions.
- February 15, 2013: the 1.5 compatibility icon will be disabled for new submissions.
- March 1, 2013: We will begin unpublishing listings that are marked as Joomla 1.5 only and remove the 1.5 icons. After a 1.5 only listing is unpublished developers will have 14 days to update the unpublished listing with a 2.5 and/or 3.0 version. Once updated a support ticket will need to be opened to get the listing republished.
- March 15, 2013: all non-compatible listings will be purged from the system. Once a listing is purged, to get the extension listed again, it will need to be submitted as new.
Some current numbers
- 4,425 listings are marked as Joomla 1.5 only
- 6,518 listings are marked as Joomla 2.5 compatible
- 1,994 listings are marked as Joomla 3.0 compatible
Where can I find 1.5 extensions after March?
There have been some requests of creating a repository for 1.5 listings. With our current workload and projects on the horizon we do not have the manpower to create a repository at this time.
We will pull an archive of the site prior to removing any 1.5 listings and make it available for anyone who would like to put a repository together.
Once our 3.0 migration project is complete we will revisit the possibility of creating a 1.5 listing repository.
You can comment on this blog post here.