The Capital Committee Team of Open Source Matters is looking for additional candidates to join our existing team. We are looking to expand our current team to meet the increased goals and ambitions of Open Source Matters to financially support the Joomla! Project, Joomla! Events, and other Joomla community initiatives.
What is the Capital Committee?
What does the Capital Committee do?
The OSM Capital Committee Team is responsible for all sponsorship and fundraising activities for the Joomla! Project. The OSM Capital Committee Team builds strategies for encouraging growth in sponsorships, builds targets for each year’s sponsorship revenues, and provides regular reports to the Open Source Matters Board on the activities of the Capital Committee.
Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Management and Review of the Project’s Sponsorship Opportunities.
- Creation and Completion of Sponsorship Contracts.
- Recruitment and communications with new and potential sponsors.
- Maintenance of existing sponsors.
- Maintenance of a new sponsors website and tools.
Who is the Capital Committee looking for?
The OSM Capital Committee could use some fresh new faces and ideas and experience to help us with tasks, reach goals and move the Capital Committee initiatives forward.
We’re looking for people with the following skills and abilities:
- Prove yourself as a team player and willing to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work independently, but also contribute to combined goals in a team environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities.
- Bring innovative and “out of the box” ideas to the team.
- Conduct yourself as a professional on Joomla.org as well as other sites and communication channels.
- Must have a reasonable and consistent amount of time to focus on Capital Team responsibilities each week.
- Must be willing to read and agree to abide by the Joomla Code of Conduct.
Some specific skills that would be an asset to the Capital Committee:
- Fundraising background - If you are a person that has experience in fundraising efforts it would be a bonus.
- Good administrative skills - We need organized people on our team.
- Management skills - whether in business or volunteer roles, if you’ve been a leader in the past, we’d love to know more about you.
- International community members with English as a first or second language.
If you feel that you would be a good candidate, please submit the following form for review. If you know a fellow Joomla community member who is active in the Joomla.org or in a local Joomla community, and who would be available & suitable for the position, please let them know we are accepting applicants.
This is NOT a nomination form. Only fill out this form if you are personally interested in applying for a position on the OSM Capital Committee Team.
The deadline for submitting this form was Feb 16th, 2013.
Applications for this is currently closed.