Open Source Matters (OSM) is entrusted with providing organizational, legal, and financial support for the Joomla! project. You can find out more about the organization at http://www.opensourcematters.org.
Given those responsibilities, and the recent departure of two long-serving board members, and the OSM officer changes resulting in the election of the Treasurer to President, the decision has been made to expand the board once more.
We are looking for your nominations for new OSM board members.
We acknowledge that the greater worldwide Joomla! community can help us a lot in this election process, and make us aware of potential candidates we may overlook.
We are looking for up to three new board members. Useful areas of experience and expertise include:
- Accounting, bookkeeping or financial
- Legal or trademark
- Organizational or managerial skills
- Non-profit organizations
- PR and Marketing
- Education or certification development work
- Events planning and support
We are looking to recruit the very best and the brightest members in the Joomla! community.
Some of the criteria that will be used when evaluating nominations include:
- Community: the nominee should have a strong track-record of successfully collaborating with, enabling others and earning the respect of the Joomla! community.
- Character: the nominee should have proven themselves a person of high character, with a history of acting honestly, fairly and openly when in leadership roles.
- Experience and Expertise: if the nominee is being proposed for a specific role, they should have strong experience and expertise in that area.
- Success: the nominee should be able to point to a history of success and leaving previous roles in a better state than when they arrived.
- Diversity: to work towards gender balance and geographical diversity, we are committed to seeking nominations from talented members of the Joomla! community who are female and / or are fluent speakers of languages other than English.
- Nominations close: April 11
- Appointments announced: April 25