Yes, this weekend it's time for Joomla Day France held in Lyon. This year will mark the 5th Joomla Day France so congratulations are in order for the whole French Joomla Community.
To mark the occasion, we talked with Nicolas Ogier who is helping to organize weekend's event. If you want to know more, go to http://www.joomladay.fr.
1) Tell us a little about yourself and your background
We are a non profit association of french speaking user, based in France (for most of our members), Switzerland, Belgium, French speaking country of Africa.
We created our association (AFUJ - French Speaking Joomla! Users Association) in 2008, from the community of French-speaking users of Joomla founded in 2005, after websites Joomla.fr, and former Joomlafrance.org Joomlafacile.com website.
Our association (AFUJ) is a recognized as a JUG by OSM and we organize Joomladay in France since 2007.
We translate Joomla in French since 1.0.0.
2) How did you get involved in Joomla?
The AFUJ is the association that provides the majority of help for French users, our forum (https://forum.joomla.fr) has over 57,000 members and 703,000 posts.
We carry many volunteer translations of extensions.
Personally, I am a founding member of AFUJ, and was for many years the team coordinator of the translation of Joomla 1.5. I organized all JoomlaDay in France since 2007.
I'm the treasurer of the AFUJ.
3) Tell us about the event that you're holding
Four hundred open source experts, business users, developers, and community users are expected to come to Conference Center "Espace Tête d'Or", in the second-largest metropolitan area in France.
This event will be a top notch event with 16 very most knowledgeable speakers (high level users, professionnals or developpers themselves!) from the Joomla community.
This 2 day event will include 2 tracks, a beginners track and an advanced track so there will be something for everyone, no matter what your experience level:
- Saturday : a special day for french speaking users like a Forum in Real Life ! Many thematics workshops on specific topics to work in small groups of difficult issues.
- Sunday: many conferences on topics such as Joomla 1.6, its new framework and multilanguage functionnality, Community Builder, Virtuemart, backups extensions, Flexicontent, K2, templating and templates framework, JFusion, SEO... And a special beginners day! These beginners will therefore explore the creation of Joomla site, from A to Z, with the bonus of a USB key containing all the available knowledge necessary. Together they will spotlight Joomla! and its features, community, and resources.
4) Who should come to the event?
This event is open to all, a limit of 450 people, for experts and beginners. all details are on www.joomladay.fr ... but in french sorry :(
5) What are the precise details we should know?
- Admission: 30 € per person
- Date: Saturday, April 2nd & Sunday, April 3rd 2011
- Venue: Conference Center "Espace Tête d'Or, Lyon, France