Open Source Matters, Inc (OSM), the not-for-profit organization created to serve the financial and legal interests of the Joomla project, is seeking volunteer leaders to join its Advisory Board. More information on Open Source Matters can be found on our website at www.OpenSourceMatters.org, or learn more about the Joomla project at www.joomla.org.
Joining the advisory board is a great way to give back to the Joomla community and show the world that open source matters! Advisory Board members are active and trusted partners for OSM, and are invited to support the organization through at least one of the following:
- Specific advice or consulting in their area of expertise;
- Soliciting or making donations;
- Networking on behalf of the organization;
- Connecting with and growing local contributor communities; or,
- Introducing the board to potential sponsors or partners.
Members are invited to attend at least one meeting every quarter with the Full Board of OSM, as well as the bi-annual special members meetings.
The Advisory Board needs a variety of skills, with a strong emphasis on expertise in nonprofit management, open source communities, fundraising, or leadership development, as well as those connected to governments at any level, potential sponsors or partners, STEM/open source projects and communities, and historically marginalized communities or regions.
Open Source Matters will be accepting applications until June 8, 2023. Those interested in serving on the Advisory Board can complete the application, or contact OSM with any questions regarding serving on the board or the nomination process.
Estimated nomination timeline:
- Form closes: June 8, 2023
- Interviews (if deemed necessary): June 8-15, 2023
- Notification of decisions to applicants: June 16, 2023
Advisory Board term begins: July 1, 2023