The Joomla! Production Leadership Team (PLT) is responsible for leading and coordinating the development of the Joomla! CMS and Framework. This includes releasing new versions, fixing bugs, adding new features, and creating documentation and translations.
We are looking for your nominations for new PLT members. We acknowledge that the greater worldwide Joomla! community can help us a lot in this election process, and make us aware of potential candidates we may overlook.
Since we will be adding new people one by one throughout the year, we have decided to put the nomination form up permanently on the developer site at https://developer.joomla.org to continuously gather suggestions. You can nominate yourself or someone else at any time. If you nominate someone else, please ask them first if they are interested and have the time available.
Useful areas of experience and expertise for nominees include:
- Coding and code design
- User interface and design
- Student and developer outreach
We are looking for people with a track record of positive contributions to Joomla. Some of the criteria that will be used when evaluating nominations include:
- Contributions to the development process - Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of participating in and contributing to the Joomla development process. This can be in the form of coding, documentation, localization, or helping with communications and facilitation.
- Ability to work with others - Candidates should have the demonstrated consistent ability to work constructively and positively with the wide variety of people in the Joomla community.
- Ability to devote time to the project - Candidates should be able to devote enough time to the project to be effective. This includes the possibility of travel to Joomla events.
The link to the nomination form is listed under Resources on the home page of the Joomla Developer site.