Joomla 3 is coming up at the end of September.
Joomla 3 is going to be a wonderful, revolutionary release. However, we have a problem and need your help.
What's the Problem?
We need to explain Joomla 3 to a lot of people.
First, there a lot of websites running Joomla. It's estimated that there are over 555 million websites (link) and just under 3% of all websites use Joomla (link). That means over 16 million websites use Joomla.
Second, Joomla is available in over 60 languages.
So, what's the problem? Our problem is that we need to explain Joomla 3 to the owners of over 16 million websites in over 60 different languages.
Can you help us spread the Joomla message? Over 16 million site owners and over 60 langugages ... we literally can not do it without you.
What is the Joomla 3 Message?
- What is great about Joomla 3? Mobile. Joomla will be the first major, mobile CMS.
- Who is Joomla 3 for? Early adopters. You will be able to build sites with Joomla 3 as soon as it is launched. However, as with the first release of most software, there's no need to rush in and use the first version.
- I am on Joomla 2.5. What do I do? You can stay right where you are for now. Joomla 2.5 is a wonderful version of Joomla and will be supported until 2014.
You can read a more detailed explaination of these three points by clicking here.
Please feel free to use the image on the right. Sometimes an image can help explain things more clearly than 1000 words.
Repeat, Repeat, Repeat
In order to reach the owners of 16 million websites in over 60 different languages, we need to over-communicate. We need to repeat, repeat and repeat the message.
We have worked hard to create a simple message with only 3 key points about Joomla 3.
Our aim is to make sure that every time someone writes about Joomla 3, these 3 key points are included.
The more we all repeat this message, the more Joomla site owners we can reach.
How Can You Help?
We need to explain the 3 points of the Joomla 3 message to as many people as possible. Here's how you can help:
- Include these 3 key points whenever you mention Jooma 3.
- Write a blog post about Joomla 3.
- Translate the Joomla 3 message into your own language.
- If you are a webdesigner, talk with your customers about Joomla 3 and if they should use it yet.
- If you develop extensions or templates, contact your customers to explain Joomla 3.
- If you attend a Joomla User Group about Joomla 3 with your local user group.
Thanks for all your help and if you have any questions about how to explain Joomla 3, please post here.