JoomlaDay New York City 2012 is coming soon, on September 22 and 23! This event is great for those that are interested in learning a little more about Joomla, and also those that have been developing with Joomla for many years, and want to learn more. The cost for this event is $90 for a single day or $160 for both days. Please sign up soon, as after 8/31 the rates will increase by $10 a day, and there will no longer be a dual day discount. Your entry fee includes all workshops, breakfast and lunch!
Workshops on Saturday highlight the power of Joomla. There will be a Developer Track, a Component Track, a Template Track, and A Joomla Core Track designed for those new to Joomla. The session speakers, all experts and fantastic speakers, come from our New York City User Group, from around the country, and from around the world! I will give a keynote address and probably share some stroopwafels, and then later in another session I'll lead a discussion about what's coming in Joomla 3.0.
On the second day of the conference, Sunday, technologies needed to make Joomla sites run well and succeed in the marketplace will be highlighted. Sessions will focus on everything from email marketing to programming in PHP.
Look over the information on the JoomlaDay New York City 2012 website - it is updated daily with additional details about speakers and their presentations. This is truly an international event!
If you own a small business that would like to get a little more visability at the event, you can sponsor this event. Sponsorships begin as little as $350 which includes 1 dual day ticket. For the extra money you get your logo on our website, 1/2 page advertisement in our program booklet and an invite to the sponsor/speaker dinner for friday night before the event. This dinner will be a great networking opportunity for you!
Some of the highlighted workshops for Saturday are:
- Bootstrap for Developers & Bootstrap intro with Templates
- CiviCRM Intro
- How to Build a New Plugin
- Intro to Template Modifications
- Intro to the Joomla API
- Responsive Web Design
- Social Networking
- The Last Frontier: Joomla! Multi-Lingual Sites
- Whats new in Joomla! 3.0
For Sunday - Beyond Joomla
- Best Practices for Beginners
- Customizing and Extending CiviCRM
- Drupal to Joomla: A Migration Case Study
- Drupal, Joomla and the End of the Internet. (or, Pyramus & Thisbe meet on the World Wide Web
- Email Marketing: Case Studies
- Google Adwords: How To Use Safely
- Intro to Paid Advertising on the Web
- PHP & MySQL - The Dynamic Duo for a Dynamic Web
- RFP's, Proposals, and Contracts
- SASS & Compass
- The Error Log, your best friend