The Joomla! Community Portal ™

Ankit Ahuja
Wednesday, 22 April 2009 13:42

Joomla GSOC 2009 Student Ankit AhujaI am a 20 year old undergrad student living in New Delhi, India. I'm majoring in Computer Science from MD University. I love programming and one of my favorite pass times is creating fun web apps. In my free time, I also like to read blogs and play cricket. I am new to open source but loving it! I'm extremely excited about working on this project and thank everyone at Joomla! for giving me this wonderful opportunity!

The project that I will be working on for this GSoC is an Enhanced Frontend Editor for Joomla! 

Currently, there is very limited editing that a user can perform from the frontend. This project intends to resolve that. It will utilize edit-in-place fields, modal windows and a drag & drop interface to provide an interactive editing experience to the user. It will allow in-place editing of article, module and menu item titles and editing of articles, module and menu item parameters using a modal window. It will also allow the user to position modules by drag and drop at the frontend ( the new position of the modules will be saved at the backend )

The goal of the project is to make it easy for the user to make quick edits to articles, easily modify placement of modules and also avoid a trip to the backend whenever possible.

To know more about me, you can visit my personal website -- http://ankitahuja.com or follow me on twitter, @ahujaankit