Written by Dianne Henning
Friday, 26 June 2015 00:00
The Joomla! Event Traveller Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we will be taking applications from the worldwide Joomla community for the upcoming Joomla! World Conference, to be held on November 6-8, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
The JET Programme is an initiative that was created to support active project volunteers and community members who have dedicated time and energy to make Joomla better, and who would like to attend larger Joomla events, such as the Joomla! World Conference and J and Beyond. The JET Programme will cover the cost of the admission ticket and will provide assistance with travel and lodging for the conference.
July 15: Deadline for application
July 25: Recipients selected and notified
July 30: Public announcement in a blogpost on joomla.org
September 30: All tickets must booked
The criteria to be followed by the JET Team for the election of candidates is as follows:
- Applications of the candidates will be arranged in accordance with the contributions made to the Joomla project (especially during the last year) based on the information enclosed in the application and duly proven with recommendations from team or working group leaders.
- Subsequently, all applicants will be accepted in order of appearance in the final list until the estimated budget for this edition of the JET Programme is reached.
- This is an opportunity for the entire Joomla community, however, priority will be given to those participants who have not yet received a JET recognition.
- The JET Team will give special consideration to well written applications that include details and timeframes of their participation in the Joomla project.
- You must have a valid passport and be eligible for any necessary travel visas. Please contact your local Embassy to know if a travel visa is required. Expenses to acquire any travel documents are not included with the JET recognition.
We encourage you to apply using this form http://events.joomla.org/jet. Please note, these criteria and conditions must be met. Please read the guidelines carefully. Good luck!
The JET Team
The Joomla Event Traveller Programme team members are:
- Dianne Henning (JET Team Lead, Community Leadership Team)
- Guillermo Bravo (Community Leadership Team)
- Roland Dalmulder (Production Leadership Team)
- Jess Dunbar (Production Leadership Team)
- Saurabh Shah (Open Source Matters)
- Radek Suski (Joomla Events Team)