Written by Mandville
Tuesday, 30 April 2013 18:22
Since 2010 the VEL team have organised the Vulnerable Extensions List on behalf of the Joomla community. Since then the list has been hosted on the docs.joomla.org pages.The VEL team felt that now was the time to move the vel project onto its own website.
This site will be run by the current vel team, and maintaining the current close relationship between the joomla core project and the extension developers will be placed on a new subdomain vel.joomla.org,
The move to the a seperate website will enable the team to
- Be more versatile in its operation.
- Have more user friendly features.
- The abilility to mark and identify resolved items more easily.
- A fully searchable database of extensions.
- Commenting by developers on their reported item.
- Easy resolution notification form.
- Keeping and updating primary article in one place.
- A list of suspicious IP addresses from spammers/hacker bots.
- Work more closely with the JED and receive more support from the CLT.
The current vel on the docs.joomla.org have already been imported into the new site and will remain for historical purposes, but updates beyond 1st May will occour on the new site.
Many thanks to the vel team and the testers (mainly Tessa Mero, Gary Brooks) who managed to get this site designed, built, tested and working in less than two weeks.
DIscussion topic at http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=704&t=801100