Joomla GSOC 2009 Student Naveen GaviniI am an undergraduate Computer Engineering and Computer Science student at Rutgers University located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.  I work as a Student Systems Programmer at Open Systems Solutions within my university.  My work experience and passion for creating websites provides me with a wide background in PHP, MySQL, C/C++, Java, Perl, xHTML and CSS.  I started working with Joomla in 2005 when it was called Mambo, and since have created many websites using it.  In my spare time I enjoy developing creative websites/web applications, contributing to open source projects and reading about technology.  My most notable open source contributions were to the Squirrelmail project.  My other hobbies include reading, watching movies, following sports and exploring the outdoors.

My summer of code project’s goal is to develop native multi-site support for Joomla.  Large organizations, businesses, universities and more are establishing a web presence for every facet of their operation.  Many of these organizations seek multisite support, for the ability to have one content management system/codebase that can be installed and manage more than one website.  I think this project will help many larger organizations adopt, use and maintain their Joomla websites easier.

Latest Blogs on Naveen's Project

Naveen's Project Links