Joomla did it for the 12th time! We are proud to announce that our application as mentoring organization for the 2019 Google Summer of Code™ program (GSoC) has been accepted!
GSoC helps support university level students who get the opportunity to work with mentors on a variety of coding projects that will all be contributed back to the student's mentoring organization. More than an opportunity to find new talents for Joomla and improve the software, GSoC is a big reunion of open source lovers where we can share, learn, teach and have fun.
This year's Joomla! GSoC application was led by Puneet Kala, Sandra Decoux, Yves Hoppe and Tobias Zulauf.
After learning of Joomla's acceptance into GSoC, Puneet said:
Selection for GSoC is a great news to start 2019 for Joomla. We are on the edge of Joomla 4 release and the projects we have this year are going to focus on this area.
This will be our 4th consecutive year of selection into GSoC after we were declined in 2015, which clearly indicates we have been working in the right direction.
The team is really happy & ready to make this year productive and have even better results than last year. A great amount of our success also goes to the mentors. They have done a tremendous job and consistently pushed the standards for our GSoC participation.
Students, apply to Joomla GSoc Project
Talented and committed students, we are looking forward to hearing from you! We invite you to go through the program details and apply to participate in GSoC. It’s a fantastic opportunity to write code, learn about open source development, meet great people, while earning a stipend! All information about Joomla GSoC participation can be found here.
Joomlers, we need you!
There are many ways to help make our participation in GSoC 2019 a success! You can apply as a mentor and share your knowledge with students eager to learn or you can help us with marketing and copywriting to spread the word. If you are interested in helping the Joomla GSoC team, please get in touch with us and send us an email.
Joomla volunteers, please keep rocking with us! Let's do it!
Let’s go for another successful Google Summer of Code!
To all volunteers who are involved to make it happen: MANY THANKS! It wouldn’t have been possible without you! We are confident the GSoC 2019 will be once again a great time to make Joomla even more awesome!
If you are interested in following our team activities, please look at the reports on the Volunteers portal.
Useful links about GSoC 2019
- Announcement of the selected organizations by Google
- All information/project ideas about Joomla! GSoC 2019 are available at docs.joomla.org/GSoC_2019
- View the list of 207 open source organizations that will be participating as mentor organizations for GSoC 2019
- Go through the program timeline for all important dates.
- Joomla Page on GSoC site
- Dutch: Joomla geaccepteerd voor de Google Summer of Code 2019
- French: Joomla accepté au Google Summer of Code 2019
- German: Joomla! ist Teilnehmer beim Google Summer of Code 2019
- Greek: Το Joomla συμμετέχει στο Google Summer of Code 2019
- Italian: Joomla accettata a Google Summer of Code 2019
- Spanish: Joomla seleccionado para el Google Summer of Code 2019