The following draft text has been drawn up in order to clarify and further define the nomination and election process to OSM board positions. We invite you to submit your feedback via the Joomla! People site link at the bottom. Thank you!
Elections: Two calendar periods are generally planned for elections each year: April and October. Exceptions can be made if the board vitally needs specific skills (for example, if the Treasurer leaves).
Number of Board members: The recommended number of board members to carry out the responsibilities of OSM is 13. This number may fluctuate up to 15 or down to 11.
Term Limits: Board appointments will be for one 2-year period with exceptions possible if the board vitally needs specific skills (Treasurer, Legal Council). OSM may renew terms when it is determined that continuity in a role will best ensure the success of current projects. All board members should maintain instructional documents for the smooth transitioning of new members.
- Community: nominees should have a strong track record of successfully collaborating with, enabling others, and earning the respect of the Joomla! community.
- Character: nominees should have demonstrated integrity, with a history of acting honestly, fairly and openly when in leadership roles.
- Experience and Expertise: nominees being proposed for specific roles should have strong experience and expertise in those areas.
- Success: nominees should be able to point to a history of success and leaving previous roles in a better state than when they arrived.
- Diversity: our goal is to work toward, and honor gender and cultural diversity. We are committed to seeking nominations from all talented and dedicated members of our international Joomla! community.
- Public nominations open on the 1st of the month and close on the 14th. Nominations must be made with the agreement of the nominee.
- The OSM board examines the candidates and suggests names to the Community Oversight Committee (COC) before the end of the month.
- The COC approval takes 10 business days to approve or reject the names.
- OSM contacts the successful and unsuccessful nominees.