One of Joomla’s 2013 overall project goals is to improve our understanding of our users. This overall project goal supports our three year vision statement which is to improve adoption of the CMS and Framework. The better we understand our users (including what they want and what they don’t want), the better we will be able to know what areas to focus our resources on. And the better we know what areas to focus our resources on, the more effective we can be to improve adoption of the CMS and Framework.
We are seeking volunteers throughout our worldwide community to form a new team that will help us achieve this overall project goal to improve our understanding of our users. If you are interested in joining this team, please send an email to summarizing your relevant experience and explaining what areas you are interested in helping with.
Some of the responsibilities for this new team will include:
- Identifying the many different types of users we have.
- Developing goals and plans for how to connect and interact with our users in order to improve our understanding of them.
- Designing and administering multi-language surveys and other research methods, and analyzing results.
- Publishing and engaging with the Joomla community to share and discuss the results of surveys and other research.
- Collaborating with leadership teams and project working groups to apply learnings that can help improve Joomla.
This is an important new team that is expected to have an ongoing role for the Joomla project. What our users want and don’t want will change over time, and so we need to be continually asking questions and listening to their answers. If you are excited about the idea of joining this new team, please send an email to and help us improve Joomla - together!
Please discuss this blog here: https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=704&t=804161