One of Joomla’s 2013 overall project goals is to improve our understanding of our users. This overall project goal supports our three year vision statement which is to improve adoption of the CMS and Framework. The better we understand our users (including what they want and what they don’t want), the better we will be able to know what areas to focus our resources on. And the better we know what areas to focus our resources on, the more effective we can be to improve adoption of the CMS and Framework.
Some of the responsibilities for this new team will include:
- Identifying the many different types of users we have.
- Developing goals and plans for how to connect and interact with our users in order to improve our understanding of them.
- Designing and administering multi-language surveys and other research methods, and analyzing results.
- Publishing and engaging with the Joomla community to share and discuss the results of surveys and other research.
- Collaborating with leadership teams and project working groups to apply learnings that can help improve Joomla.
Please discuss this blog here: https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=704&t=804161