We are happy to announce that the nominations for Group 2 Officers replacements have been finalised. The following individuals have proposed their nominations, according to the new Nomination process. Included are their Manifestos and the timeline for the election for their role.
Note: This is election follows the new methodology that provides different timelines based on number and type of candidates.
Election’s timeline and methodology
Both elections fall under the “Contested Department Coordinator / Officer Empty Board Seat” scenario in which there are multiple candidates that would be new in the role and the position is vacant, after resignation or role change of the previous DC/Officer; the elected members will start their term immediately after the election results are published.
- March 25, 2020 - Full list of candidates and manifestos published. Recommendations form opened.
- April 01, 2020 - Recommendations submission deadline.
- April 02, 2020 - Recommendations published.
- April 09, 2020 - Ballots sent out.
- April 16, 2020 - Ballots close.
- April 17, 2020 - Results announced
- April 17, 2020 - First day of New Term.
Election channels will be opened in Glip for each role. These channels will allow department/community members to ask candidates questions regarding their manifestos in order to help them decide who to vote for.
The following Public Channels will be opened (Candidates will be added by the Secretary):
- Recommendations form for all the open roles are open until April 01, 2020.
According to the Bylaws (link below), existing Officers also vote for new Officer roles.
- OSM Bylaws: https://www.opensourcematters.org/images/documents/25-Jul-19-OSM-ByLaws.pdf
- Election Policy and Timelines (Replacement Elections): https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/election-policy.html#replacement-elections
- Change to the Nomination and Election Process: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/nomination-and-election-process.html
- Change to the Bylaws/Election System: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/changes-to-the-bylaws-of-osm-election-system.html