We are happy to announce that the recommendation phase for the President's election has been finalised.
Note: This is election follows the new methodology that provides different timelines based on number and type of candidates.
Volunteers listed as members (or above) of any Team marked as "Official" in the Volunteers Portal as of February 1, 2023 will have the right to vote for the President elections.
Election’s timeline and methodology
This election falls under the “New DC/Officer Uncontested” scenario in which there is only one candidate and would be new in the role.
- February 1, 2023 - Sole Candidate declared, Manifesto published. Recommendation form opened.
- February 8, 2023 - Recommendation submission deadline.
- February 9, 2023 - Recommendations published and ballots sent out.
- February 16, 2023 - Ballots close
- February 17, 2023 - Results announced.
- March 24, 2023 - First day of New Term.
Production Department Coordinator
No manifestos have been submitted for this position, therefore the Call for Manifestos has been extended until February 15, 2023.
Election channels will be opened in Mattermost for each role. These channels will allow department/community members to ask candidates questions regarding their manifestos in order to help them decide who to vote for.
The following Public Channels will be opened (Candidates will be added by the Secretary):
- Voting Ballots for the President election will be sent to voting parties today. As per the Bylaws all Members (Class 3), Team Leaders (Class 2), Department Coordinators and Officers (Class 1) have the right to vote in the Officer's elections.
- According to the Bylaws (link below), existing Officers also vote for new Officer roles.
- OSM Bylaws: https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/by-laws-policies.html
- Change to the Nomination and Election Process: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/nomination-and-election-process.html
- Change to the Bylaws/Election System: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/changes-to-the-bylaws-of-osm-election-system.html
- Joomla! Election Cycle: https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/election-cycle.html (previous method)