The Joomla Event Traveller Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we will be taking applications from the worldwide Joomla community, for the upcoming Joomla! World Conference to be held on November 7th - 9th, 2014 in Cancun, Mexico.
The JET Programme is an initiative that was created to support active project volunteers and community members who have dedicated time and energy to make Joomla better, and who would like to attend larger Joomla events, such as J and Beyond, and the Joomla! World Conference. The JET Programme will cover the cost of the admission ticket, and will provide assistance with travel and lodging to the JWC.
August 15: Deadline for application
August 22: Recipients selected and notified
August 30: Public announcement in a blogpost on joomla.org
The criteria to be followed by the JET Committee for the election of candidates is as follows:
- Applications of the candidates will be arranged in accordance with the contributions made to the Joomla project (especially during the last year) based on the information enclosed in the application and duly proven with recommendations from team or working group leaders.
- Subsequently, all applicants will be accepted in order of appearance in the final list until the estimated budget for this edition of the JET Programme, 30,000 US dollars, is reached.
- This is an opportunity for the entire Joomla community, however, priority will be given to those participants who have not yet received a JET recognition.
- The JET Committee will give special consideration to well written applications that include details and timeframes of their participation in the Joomla project.
We encourage you to apply using this form http://events.joomla.org/jet-jwc-2014. Please note, there are certain criteria and conditions that must be met. Please read the guidelines carefully. Good luck!
The JET Committee
The Joomla Traveller Programme committee members are:
- Dianne Henning (Community Leadership Team)
- Radek Suski (Open Source Matters)
- Javier Gómez (Production Leadership Team)
- Guillermo Bravo (Community Leadership Team)