Recently the Joomla Community Workgroup came up with an idea to share just how much work is being done with the wider community by way of a monthly team report. You can see the source of the combined report I have compiled below here.
It's an incredible snapshot of the 100's of volunteers working on this part of the Joomla Project. Thanks must also to go to the support OSM ( www.opensourcematters.org ) gives to our project, as well as the Joomla Production Workgroup.
Read on for the full report, it's amazing!
Joomla Community Magazine Team
- Komrade/K2 design was installed on community.joomla.org in May and is now undergoing content and extension updates and testing by JCM team.
- Have formed a new JCM Public Relations team to come up with ideas on how to better promote the JCM.
- Have asked if it would be okay to produce a companion PDF version of the JCM, waiting for a response.
- The previous June 1 launch has been moved back to July 1. Primary reasons are that we are waiting to receive a custom EchoSign plugin which will manage the Author License Agreement process, and we still have various other content/style/format/workflow issues yet to be resolved.
- Active members: Fotis Evangelou, Chris Marinou, Nenad Antic, Ron Severdia, Anthony Olsen, Renea Leathers, Mark Bender, Dianne Henning, Cristina Solana, Miljan Vujosevic, Hilary Cheyne, Neri Valentin-Macias, Bo Astrup, Steve Burge, Nicholas Dionysopoulos, Brian Sullivan, Amy Stephen, Ahmad Alfy, Robert Vining, Matt Lipscomb, Alice Grevet, Mustaq Ahmed, Arlen Walker, Zoran Belic, Nick Antimisiaris, Paul Orwig.
Joomla Community Site Showcase Team
- 287 Entries Processed
- 182 Approved
- 10 Clones Remove
- SoTM (Site of the Month) June 2010: https://community.joomla.org/showcase/sites/arts/dance/compagnie-antares.html
We have been fairly diligent and on top of the entries for over 6 months. This means most entries will be seen within about 1 to 10 days of being submitted. We are concerned that people are not following the showcase guidelines and that we are forced to reject sites that would otherwise be great to have in the showcase.
- Active volunteers: Lee Cher Yeoung, Ron Severdia, Pablo Yamamoto, Matt Lipscomb and Mike Hamanaka
Joomla People.joomla.org Team
( people.joomla.org )
- 3093 Members to date who have uploaded 224 videos.
- 14 events have been listed... most JUG meetings, some bigger conferences, some more broad, and 1 that is not related to Joomla.
- "We are presently preparing the site for an official launch, although we have no set date yet" -Sandra Warren Some testing and correcting of minor technical issues is what is preventing the official launch.
- We are actively recruiting community managers who can speak non- english languages. Lot's of small talk of which Jomsocial Extensions/Functionalities will be installed. The Management team has asked for community input for which to consider. Azrul himself will be doing the final installing of all suggested functionality. The community managers will be testing and evaluating some of the suggestions which make it through an initial evaluation. There is no promise that all suggested will be tested.
- You can open your thoughts for Jomsocial Extensions/Functionalities discussion here. I would definitely speak up if you have a good suggestion. https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=576&t=522614 A report was written by Philippe Tassin about 2 weeks ago, http://people.joomla.org/news-a-updates.html
- Those involved on the management team are:
Admins: Sandra Warren, Phil Tassin
Managers: Claire Mandville, Jennifer Marriott, Wendy Robinson, Mark Bender, Brad Baker, Ashraf Hamed, Beat, Himanshu Nagpal, Jacques Rentzke, Mike Hamanaka, Jerome Bussiere, Ronak Bhagdev, Svetlana Zec, Jean-Marie Simonet, Javier Gomez
Joomla Resources Directory (JRD) Team
- The Resources Directory team have been busy approving new listings and following up with questions and comments posted.
- Current Team members are: Wendy Robinson, Gary Brooks, Chad Wingdale, Lee Cher Yeoung and Matt Lipscomb
- There are currently 19 Pending Entries
- Last month there were 42 Entries Processed, of which 19 were approved
- In March a new submission process was implemented to streamline reviews and approval. Prior to this, a Final Review Email was required after submission. Now, all questions are asked directly in the submission. Additionally, any listing owner updating their information is required to complete the new fields as well to keep consistency with the listings.
Joomla VEL Team
New found & notified VE
- 23:34, 31 May 2010 (→MyCar)
- 23:33, 31 May 2010 (→MediQnA)
- 09:00, 25 May 2010 (→RS Comments)
- 08:58, 25 May 2010 (→Gadget Factory)
- 08:53, 25 May 2010 (→Camp26 Visitor)
- 08:53, 25 May 2010 (→FDione Form Wizard)
- 08:53, 25 May 2010 (→Seber Cart)
- 00:10, 21 May 2010 (→BCA RSS Feed)
- 23:41, 18 May 2010 (→JE Quotation Form)
- 08:46, 15 May 2010 (→Custom PHP Pages)
- 00:07, 14 May 2010 (→article Factory Manager)
- 00:07, 14 May 2010 (→Table JX Component)
- 11:20, 13 May 2010 (→iJoomla News Portal)
- 13:36, 10 May 2010 (→JTM Reseller)
- 13:35, 10 May 2010 (→Ultimate Portfolio)
- VEL Team: PhilD, Mandville and Pierre
Joomla Community Forum Team
- Number of messages: 2,065,613 (New messages per day: 1,173)
- Number of topics: 475,210 (New topics per day: 270)
- Number of users: 384,660 (New users per day: 218)
- Joomla! 1.6 Beta Support (for support questions on Joomla 1.6 Beta)
- Joomla! 1.6 Beta Bug Reporting (to discuss if a problem with 1.6 is a bug and how to report it)
- Extension development for Joomla! 1.6 (to discuss Joomla! 1.6 extension development and the Joomla 1.6 code with other users)
- The Team: https://forum.joomla.org/memberlist.php?mode=leaders
Joomla Extensions Directory Team - JED
- It was a banner month for the JED, reaching 5000 listings, current with 5032 listing and growing.
- After some time in the background on some personal/business matters we're reenergized to complete testing and launch the CRM. I'll be contacting the interested parties to finalize testing and put our stamp on it later in the week.
- The JED Team: https://docs.joomla.org/Joomla!_Extension_Directory_FAQs#The_JED_Team