We are happy to announce the next steps for the election of President Elections. Included are recommendation comments provided by the nominator(s) of each. Nominess are listed in no particular order.
Note: This is election follows the new methodology that provides different timelines based on number and type of candidates.
Election’s timeline and methodology
This election falls under the “Contested DC/Officer” scenario in which there are the current Officer and another candidate who would be new in such a role.
- February 16, 2021 - Ballots sent out.
- February 23, 2021 - Ballots close.
- February 24, 2021 - Results announced. 4 week handover period begins.
- March 24, 2021 - First day of New Term.
The election channel has been opened to let the Community ask questions to the candidates about their manifestos and visions.
- Voting Ballots for the Secretary election will be sent to voting parties today. As per the Bylaws all Members (Class 3), Team Leaders (Class 2), Department Coordinators and Officers (Class 1) have the right to vote in the Officer's elections.
- Recommendations form for all the other roles (either Contested and Uncontested) are open until February 08, 2021.
According to the Bylaws (link below), existing Officers also vote for new Officer roles.
- OSM Bylaws: https://www.opensourcematters.org/images/documents/25-Jul-19-OSM-ByLaws.pdf
- Change to the Nomination and Election Process: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/nomination-and-election-process.html
- Change to the Bylaws/Election System: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/changes-to-the-bylaws-of-osm-election-system.html
- Joomla! Election Cycle: https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/election-cycle.html (previous method)