We are happy to announce that the nominations for the Treasurer role have been finalised. The following individuals have proposed their nominations, according to the new Nomination process. Included are their Manifestos and the timeline for the election for their role.
Note: This is election follows the new methodology that provides different timelines based on number and type of candidates.
Election’s timeline and methodologies
Both elections fall under the “Contested Department Coordinator / Officer” scenario in which there are multiple candidates that would be new in the role and the incumbent Board Member is not running for the office.
- September 06, 2020 - Full list of candidates and manifestos published. Recommendations form opened.
- September 12, 2020 - Recommendations submission deadline.
- September 13, 2020 - Recommendations published & Ballots sent out*
- September 20, 2020 - Ballots close.
- September 21, 2020 - Results announced
- September 29, 2020 - First day of New Term.
*To meet the beginning of the term with other Officers/Directors, the reflection week between the publication of recommendations and the issue of the ballots has been suppressed. So when the recommendations will be published, the ballots will be sent out on the same day.
Election channels will be opened in Glip for each role. These channels will allow department/community members to ask candidates questions regarding their manifestos in order to help them decide who to vote for.
The following Public Channels will be opened (Candidates will be added by the Secretary):
- Recommendations form for the open roles are open until September 12, 2020.
According to the Bylaws (link below), existing Officers also vote for new Officer roles.
- OSM Bylaws: https://www.opensourcematters.org/images/documents/25-Jul-19-OSM-ByLaws.pdf
- Election Policy and Timelines (Replacement Elections): https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/election-policy.html#replacement-elections
- Change to the Nomination and Election Process: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/nomination-and-election-process.html
- Change to the Bylaws/Election System: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/changes-to-the-bylaws-of-osm-election-system.html