We are happy to announce that the nominations for the Operations DC replacement role have been finalised. The following individuals have proposed their nominations, according to the new Nomination process. Included are their Manifestos and the timeline for the election for their role.
Note: This is election follows the new methodology that provides different timelines based on number and type of candidates.
Operations Department Coordinator (Replacement)
Election’s timeline and methodologies
Operations DC Replacement Election
This election falls under the “New Department Coordinator / Officer Uncontested Empty Board Seat - Replacement Elections” scenario in which there is only one candidate that would be new in the role and the incumbent Board Member transitioned to another role or resigned.
- October 16, 2020 - Recommendations submission deadline.
- October 17, 2020 - Recommendations published & Ballots sent out*
- October 25, 2020 - Ballots close.
- October 26, 2020 - Results announced & Start of the term as replacement
Election channels will be opened in Glip for each role. These channels will allow department/community members to ask candidates questions regarding their manifestos in order to help them decide who to vote for.
The following Public Channels will be opened (Candidates will be added by the Secretary):
- OSM Bylaws: https://www.opensourcematters.org/images/documents/25-Jul-19-OSM-ByLaws.pdf
- Election Policy and Timelines (Replacement Elections): https://www.opensourcematters.org/organisation/directors/election-policy.html#replacement-elections
- Change to the Nomination and Election Process: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/nomination-and-election-process.html
- Change to the Bylaws/Election System: https://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/changes-to-the-bylaws-of-osm-election-system.html