Joomla! is currently in the process of Transitioning to a different leadership structure. Over the last month, teams have been voting on who will lead their teams. A “team” is similar to what we used to call a “Working Group”.
The time has now come to open the floor for nominations for Joomla’s Department Coordinator Team Leaders. Each Department Coordinator Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing the teams within their department as well as sitting on the Board as a Director.
We are looking for nominations for the following 6 positions:
- Production Department Coordinator Team Leader
- Legal & Finance Department Coordinator Team Leader
- Marketing & Communication Department Coordinator Team Leader
- Events Department Coordinator Team Leader
- Operations Department Coordinator Team Leader
- Programs Department Coordinator Team Leader
The Department Coordinator Team Leaders sit on the Board of Directors and are represented in the image shown (click the image to view a larger version) as the top most circle in the column with the same name.
The Local Communities Department Coordinator Team Leader role will be set up at a later time.
Each department already has teams set up under them. The Team Leads of each team will cast one (1) vote for the person s/he wishes to be their Department Coordinator Team Leader.
Please see this document for a list of teams under their respective departments.
Votes will be tallied and a winner will be chosen. In the event that the winner of this vote is already a Team Lead, their role as Team Lead will need to be backfilled as an individual may not serve as a Department Coordinator Team Leader and also be a Team Lead.
Once the Department Coordinator Team Leaders have been chosen, we will then vote for the Officer positions, which are: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. A different nomination form will go out for those roles.
It is a good idea for all nominees to familiarize themselves with the Bylaws especially the sections relating to the Department Coordinator Team Leader role:
- Nominations will be accepted until December 31st at 23:59 GMT.
- Over the following week, we will reach out to those who were nominated by someone other than himself/herself to ensure they are interested.
- Approximately one week after nomination submissions are closed, we will send the newly elected Team Leads a ballot (Google Form) to vote for their Department Coordinator Team Leader.
- Team leads will then have 7 days to place their votes.
Thank you to everyone involved in this great community.
Ken Crowder & TJ Baker
Joomla! Transition Team