It is our privilege and pleasure to announce the immediate release of Joomla! 3.1. The biggest feature of Joomla 3.1 is Tags, a built-in tagging system chiefly engineered by Elin Waring and Mark Dexter. However, it’s not just any kind of tagging, it’s dynamic tagging across content-types.
- Products from your e-commerce store
- User profiles from your community
- Events from your event calendar
- Images, videos, and files from your galleries
- Any combination of the above and hundreds of other content types
- Mobile-ready. Joomla is the first and only major CMS that is fully responsive. It has a responsive site template, responsive admin UI, responsive core output, and we provide developers tools to make their extensions responsive as well.
- Customizable Access Control
- User Friendly Interface
- Streamlined 30 Second Install
- One-click upgrades with backward compatibility, so that your site continues working seamlessly.
- Built-in multilingual capabilities. Again, the first and only major CMS that has such a feature. Our competitors don’t come close.
- Thousands of extensions
- For developers, the Joomla User Interface (JUI) library gives you a standardized backend & frontend interface. LESS CSS and jQuery means you can write less code and the Icomoon font icon library provides a wealth of retina-optimized icons.
- And plethora of other easy-to-use minor features
Note: You can discuss this blog post at http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=704&t=800274