Over the last few weeks it has been wonderful to see the work being done by the Joomla.org redesign team.
Recently Kyle, who's leading the redesign effort, published a post entitled Joomla.org Branding & Messaging. He wanted your answers to questions like this:
- How should Joomla be perceived?
- What is Joomla's primary message (in one sentence)?
- What is Joomla's secondary message?
- What are the benefits of using Joomla?
- What needs does Joomla meet?
He's been approaching this question from the design angle, figuring out how to use Joomla.org to clearly communicate the answers to those questions.
Coincidentally, some other Joomla people, myself included, had been approaching this question from a different angle. Joomla has been dealing with the media recently to talk about several topics, including eBay's use of Joomla, the launch of Joomla Press and several other interviews that will be published shortly. We saw the need to make sure that Joomla's message was being clearly communicated no matter who was being interviewed or what was being discussed.
We've previously asked for your input on this topic. Based on those answers, we started to work on a branding and messaging document for Joomla. We now have a draft version that you can download by clicking here.
However, it's far from finished. It needs your ideas and your feedback:
Are you ready to help?
- Download and read the document
- Give your ideas and feedback on people.joomla.org
- Go and help Kyle with the new Joomla.org redesign
What process we will follow with this document?
- Step 1: We've opened up the branding and messaging topic today
- Step 2: We'll go through a series of drafts on the people.joomla.org to get it right
- Step 3: We'll post the finished document back here on community.joomla.org
- Step 4: Joomla will start to use the document.