After conversations with several developers, we'd like to provide a little clarification for people with listings in the JED.
Essentially all the rules break down to two simple dos and don'ts:
Two Things You Can Do
- Reply to a review. If you want to reply directly to a reviewer, click "Reply". Please don't ask us for a reviewer's contact details as we cannot give that out. However, you can give the reviewer a way to contact you.
- Report a review. If you think a review is incorrect and want to ask for its removal, click "Report" and explain why. Our rules for reviews are here.
Two Things You Can't Do
- Don't don't touch your extension listings in any way, except "reply and "report". Please don't submit reviews, don't vote, don't click "Is this review helpful?".
- Don't touch any other extension in your category. After all, there's little difference between voting 0/5 for a rival and voting 5/5 for yourself.
Please make sure that everyone else who works with your follows these rules. Violating them may lead to a warning or suspension.
What Should I Do If I've Broken These Rules?
I hope this clears things up. We don't enjoy suspending developer's listings, but we do it to help two groups:
- Other Developers. Put yourself in the shoes of a developer whose rivals keep giving themselves 5/5 votes.
- Extension users. Its great to get fair, unbiased feedback from other people who have used the extension.