The Joomla! Event Travel Program (JET) is pleased to announce that we will be taking applications from the worldwide Joomla! Community for the upcoming Joomla! World Conference, to be held between 17th and 19th of November, 2017, Rome, Italy.
Applications are welcomed from active community members and the form will be open until the 16th August 2017.
All applicants will be informed by the 19th of August 2017 with an announcement to follow shortly afterwards.
Please take into account our financial limitations before applying for the program, therefore we have included the option for you to elect to pay for your ticket, accommodation and/or flight, the selection criteria will not take these items into account, but if you are able to contribute something towards your attendance, it will free up more funds for those that are less able to. We have a total of $12,000 available for the JWC 2017 Jet Program.
Please also check that you will not be already be covered for the trip by your project team (if any).
Application Criteria: Please note, these criteria and conditions must be met. Please read the guidelines carefully. Good luck!
The criteria to be followed by the JET Team for the election of candidates is as follows:
- Applications will be scored based on various criteria
- Community activity in the past year and references received from Team Leads, Department Coordinators and other Community Members
- Those that have a high score through their community activity, but have never received a JET award before will be given points for first time awards/applications.
- Those who received JET for JWC 2016 or JAB 2017 will be given negative points, older awards will be considered neutral.
- The JET Team will give extra points to well written applications that include details and timeframes of their participation in The Joomla! Project.
- In the case of a points tie between two or more applications. Each member of the JET team will vote giving their preference in order, those points will be tallied and those receiving the highest points will be awarded.
If travelling from outside the Schengen Area, you must have a valid passport and be eligible for any necessary travel visas. Please click here to view a sheet that shows visa requirements for Italy, if your country is in RED you will require a visa. Expenses required to acquire any travel documents are not included with a JET Award and must be born by you personally.
- Before you apply, please make sure you can afford the incidental expenses you will be liable for during your trip. These include but are not limited to:
- The cost of getting to your local airport and from the airport in Rome to the venue
- The cost of any meals not included with your room/conference ticket (breakfast is included for up to 4 nights' hotel accommodation, lunch will be provided on all 3 days of the conference and dinner on at least 2 nights)
- The cost of any visa/passport/travel insurance
- Any extra nights' accommodation and all other expenses.
To Apply for the JET Program for JWC 2017 please click here