The Joomla! Community Portal ™

JoomlaConnect brings together Joomla news from around the world.

Recent Posts

VirtueMart 2.0.8 released, Good wine needs time to mature, Cheese too, and Virtuemart 2 is no except

• Report this

Good news for the VirtueMart community.

VirtueMart 2.0 could be considers like a good cidre, excellent when produced, yet matures with age. You can say the same for VM2 whilst still young, the new release went very well, and has matured, like a good cidre or a first year wine, this can be demonstrated by the strong and active community of people who are helping the maturity process and this is...

Keep reading about: VirtueMart 2.0.8 released, Good wine needs time to mature, Cheese too, and Virtuemart 2 is no except...

There is Peace in the GPL World

• Report this

I was watching the U.S. healthcare debate play out yesterday and it got me thinking. I thought back to when our own industry was dominated by legal arguments, most of them half-digested and...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
Keep reading about: There is Peace in the GPL World...

Investing Blog Roundup: William Bernstein on Fixed Income

• Report this

This week I enjoyed watching a brief interview of William Bernstein, by Christine Benz of Morningstar. In the interview, they discussed a handful of fixed-income related topics from what type of bonds Bernstein recommends, to what to do about low interest rates, to the usefulness of delaying Social Security as an alternative to purchasing an [...]
Keep reading about: Investing Blog Roundup: William Bernstein on Fixed Income...

Gli stili in Joomla: 2 - gli stili dei moduli e all'interno dell'editor

• Report this

I CSS in Joomla!: dove sono, come modificarli

L’aspetto del nostro sito sarà quasi sicuramente controllato dal file template.css (o similare) e sarà, con ogni probabilità, accessibile direttamente dall’amministrazione di Joomla! nella gestione template. In ogni caso, firebug ci dirà qual’è il file in uso e il suo percorso e noi potremo andarlo a modificare.
Keep reading about: Gli stili in Joomla: 2 - gli stili dei moduli e all'interno dell'editor...

Bestil din nummerplade på nettet

• Report this

Det er nu slut, med at stå i lange køer og vente, på at kunne bestille sin nye nummerplade. Applus som du kender fra Applus Bilsyn, er blevet nummer-pladeoperatør for SKAT, og i fremtiden kan du bestille din nye nummerplade på nettet.

I starten af 2013 lukker SKAT 26 af sine 30 motorkontorer, så du kun kan finde et motorkontor i Odense, Høje Tåstrup Aarhus og Aalborg. Applus Bilsyn har...

Keep reading about: Bestil din nummerplade på nettet...

Did Your "Facebook Invite Friends" Feature Stop Working?

• Report this

We've recently heard some reports from users about the Facebook Invite Friends feature no longer working on some Joomla sites. If your Facebook Invite Friends features has stopped working, please ensure you have upgraded to JFBConnect's newer Facebook Request system which was introducted in January this year with version 4.1. 

Using Facebook to let your users invite their friends to your...

Keep reading about: Did Your "Facebook Invite Friends" Feature Stop Working?...

What we sell our Joomla extensions with

• Report this

Some time ago we talked about what we release our Joomla extensions with, i.e. Akeeba Release System.

Today we will discover its perfect companion which is Akeeba Subscriptions.

The business model dilemma

Like many companies in the Joomla world, once we started to sell our extensions we had to choose the business model to use.

In other words: what exactly are we selling?

Before this site went...

Keep reading about: What we sell our Joomla extensions with...

Global News Modul

• Report this

Global News modülü sayesinde, içeriklerini ister varsayılan olarak, ister en popüler, en son, rastgele gibi sıralayarak mükemmel bir şekilde sunabilirsiniz. Bu gösterimi kategorilere ya da bölümlere göre seçebilirsiniz. İstediğiniz bölüm ya da kategorileri de göstermemeyi seçebilirsiniz.

Global News modülün tanıtım sayfasına bakın. Global News 2.5.2 modülü indirmek...

Keep reading about: Global News Modul...

Featured Product Grid for Virtuemart 2

• Report this

We have a new release of our Featured Product Grid Module for Virtuemart. For the first time this module is compatible with Virtuemart 2 and Joomla 2.5.

This module extension for Joomla and Virtuemart is an alternative to the Virtuemart featured products module. It can be used to show featured products, top ten products, recent products, or random products from some or all categories.

Keep reading about: Featured Product Grid for Virtuemart 2...

[Infographic] 9 must-have Joomla 2.5 extensions for your website

• Report this

One of the most coolest advantages of Joomla is the extensible ability; you know, with 9000+ extensions on Joomla Extensions Directory (JED).

However, if you are new to Joomla & get confused with what extensions are necessary for your website, take a look at the inforgraphic about 9 must-have Joomla 2.5 extensions below. Thanks to them, you can use Joomla more easily and more securely....

Keep reading about: [Infographic] 9 must-have Joomla 2.5 extensions for your website...

Recently Updated Feeds XML Feed

Spiral Scripts XML Feed

redWEB Joomla Blog XML Feed

Joomla in Italia XML Feed

OSTraining XML Feed

Blog de Complusoft XML Feed

DART Creations Joomla Stuff! XML Feed

Dutch Joomla Community Site XML Feed

Phoca News XML Feed

Yireo XML Feed

To get your feed included in JoomlaConnect, see our page on getting connected.