The Joomla! Community Portal ™

JoomlaConnect brings together Joomla news from around the world.

Recent Posts

Hosting: Awesome Revenue Stream or Big Headache?

• Report this

As web developers we have all dealt with the decision of how to best provide website hosting for our clients. It can be a great source of passive income if you make the right decisions or it can be your worst nightmare losing you precious time and coveted client relationships. In this article we will analyze the different hosting methodologies and what to look out for to make sure a hosting...
Keep reading about: Hosting: Awesome Revenue Stream or Big Headache?...

.htaccess File That FREAKIN Works!

• Report this

Did you know you can dramatically decrease the size and increase the speed of your website using only .htaccess? Automatic compression of resources, ETags and Expires Headers are frequently overlooked items that can greatly improve your website's performance. This article will attempt to explain in non-geek speak what they are, what they do and how to employ them on your own sites.
Keep reading about: .htaccess File That FREAKIN Works!...

Project: Workflow Engine

• Report this

I am Florian Voutzinos, a 22 year old Frenchman living in Toulouse. I've studied engineering in Aeronautics during three years, now student in fundamental Physics, I would like to join a school or University of Informatics. The Google Summer of Code project I am working on is the Workflow engine for the Joomla core.
Keep reading about: Project: Workflow Engine...

Project: Javascript and CSS Compression API

• Report this

The goal of this project is to come up with a library for Joomla Platform which will facilitate compressing and combining of JavaScript and CSS files before they are sent to the client browsers.   
Keep reading about: Project: Javascript and CSS Compression API...

Project: Language Installer for Joomla!

• Report this

Hi, my name is Javier Gómez and I've been elected to participate in the Google Summer of Code 2012 program.
Keep reading about: Project: Language Installer for Joomla!...

جوملا از ابتدا - بخش اول: جوملا چیست؟

• Report this

سری آموزشی جوملا از ابتدا، جهت آشنایی تازه کاران با جوملا، توسط تیم جهانی ایگلت تهیه شده است. در طی این سری آموزشی، با این نرم افزار آشنا می گردید و قادر به ساخت یک سامانه ی تحت وب با جوملا خواهید بود. ما با هدف توسعه ی...
Keep reading about: جوملا از ابتدا - بخش اول: جوملا چیست؟...

Project: RESTful Web Service API

• Report this

I always wanted to get involved in a big open source project such as Joomla. This year, Google Summer of Code gave me this huge opportunity to join Joomla community and build something that many developers can take the benefit of.
Keep reading about: Project: RESTful Web Service API...

Summer of Opportunity

• Report this

Where can a young university student or graduate participate in a prestigious summer project, create something original and new, learn from experienced mentorship, while proposing and determining his or her own specific idea? Joomla and the Google Summer of Code, that's where!
Keep reading about: Summer of Opportunity...

Hurt Me Plenty

• Report this

I've been playing Doom 2 quite a bit lately. It's an old first person shooter, released in 1994, in which the player navigates through a hellish landscape fighting monsters.
Keep reading about: Hurt Me Plenty...

Diseños de una sola página

• Report this

En el área del diseño y desarrollo de webs, encontramos muchas agencias y diseñadores gráficosque ofrecen sus servicios por Internet. Muchas veces visitamos sus sitios y vemos con envidiacomo aplican fantásticos efectos a sus sitios web y ya quisieramos nosotros a veces poderimplementar más de alguno a nuestros sitios desarrollados con Joomla!.
Keep reading about: Diseños de una sola página...

Recently Updated Feeds

Joomla in Italia XML Feed XML Feed XML Feed

Joomla!Club - Die deutschsprachige Joomla! Communi XML Feed

Component Creator Blog XML Feed

Joomla по-русски XML Feed

Dutch Joomla Community Site XML Feed

Roundtheme Template club XML Feed

JED editors blog XML Feed

OSTraining XML Feed

To get your feed included in JoomlaConnect, see our page on getting connected.